I love daffodils. They aren’t quite so fond of me though, as if their sap touches my skin I get a horrible itchy rash.
This morning I was pottering about indoors getting the bits and pieces together I needed for the job I was going to start outside, when the doorbell rang.
I answered to find the two little boys from next door on the step, with a bunch of daffodils in their hand.
They gave them to me!
What a lovely suprise. We had a lovely chat, including trying to work out how many sleeps until Easter, before they scootered off back to their Mum.
I had just thrown out my last lot of daffodils, as they had died. So I now have a lovely new bunch on my windowsill.
What thoughtful neighbours I have. I am a very lucky lady.